Click the “Start Now” button to enroll. In mobile view, you will have to scroll down to find the button at the bottom of this page.
This course investigates the doctrine of Christology, focusing on the person and work of Jesus Christ, the most important human being that has ever lived. He is God in the flesh, the center of all history, and the only hope for the salvation of humanity and creation. This course clarifies the biblical teachings about his person and his redemptive work. It is based on the lecture series, We Believe in Jesus, produced by Third Millennium Ministries and hosted by Dr. Dan Doriani with contributions from a variety of professors.
Through this course, the following objectives will be accomplished:
1. You will make use of all the instruction elements of the course to learn the biblical teachings about the person and work of Jesus.
2. You will develop a greater love for Jesus and an increased gratitude for what He has done for us, and that you find joy in relating to Him as your prophet, priest, and king.
3. You become a more faithful follower of Jesus as your prophet, priest, and king, living according to His Word, trusting in Him as your Mediator, and submitting to His rule in your life.
When you have done the following, it will show that the course activities are accomplished:
1. Watch all the videos of the course, complete the study guides, study the required reading material and attempt all the lesson and reading quizzes.
2. Actively participate in the discussion forums. You would be required to contribute to the forum by posting at least 3 posts (1 direct post responding to the question in at least 200 words and 2 peer-postings of at least 100 words each). You may also express your own research in the wikis, thus demonstrating your growing interest in the topics studied in this course.
3. Obtain satisfactory grades (50% or more) in all the quizzes [including Reading Quizzes] and submit all Reflection summaries on time.
THEMATIC OUTLINE OF THE COURSE
1. The Redeemer
2. The Christ
3. The Prophet
4. The Priest
5. The King
Charles Hodge, Systematic Theology, vol. 2, Part III, chapters 3-13
The Required Assignments for this course are outlined below.
1. Watch all the Video lectures of each lesson (or listen to the audio, or read the text version). These lectures are the main content of the course.
2. Complete the Study guide for each section of the videos. These study guides help you discover what is important in the videos, and they prepare you for the quizzes. If you answer all the questions in the study guide, you should do well on the quizzes.
3. Take the Quiz on each section of the videos. Each lesson may have multiple quizzes. All quizzes should be attempted (You will have up to three attempts at each quiz. The score of the final attempt will be taken into consideration regardless of whether you may have scored higher in earlier attempts).
4. Complete all the required Reading material and attempt the Reading Quiz. The Reading Quizzes test your knowledge on the reading material.
5. Participate actively in the Discussion Forum by posting a direct response to the question in at least 200 words. You should then respond to two other peer posts in at least 100 words each. Further discussion beyond these three posts is welcome.
6. Respond to the Reflection Question in 500 words or more and submit that before the stipulated deadline [typically this is before the last day of each lesson]. The Reflection Summary should include a response to the question posed and seek to reflect on key lessons learnt from the lesson as well as real-life applications to work, life, family and ministry. The student could cite other resources and references to supporting material provided those sources are duly acknowledged within the essay.
Dr. Joshua Iyadurai, PhD
Dr Joshua is a Theological Educator and a Specialist in Religious Conversion and Spiritual/Religious Experience. He is an expert in Research Methodology, especially Qualitative research. He is a sought after Teacher, Writer, Editor and Researcher. He oversees many research projects and guides students with their research proposals. He enjoys expository preaching and can communicate well in both spoken and written forms. He has a Bachelor of Divinity from UBS, Pune and a PhD from University of Madras. He has done his post doctoral work from Global Research Institute, Fuller Theological Seminary, USA. For the purpose of this course, he can be contacted via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Lesson 1 - Jesus the Redeemer
- WBJ – Lesson 1 – Introduction
- WBJ – Lesson 1 – Video 1
- WBJ – Lesson 1 – Quiz 1.1
- WBJ – Lesson 1 – Video 2
- WBJ – Lesson 1 – Quiz 1.2
- WBJ – Lesson 1 – Video 3
- WBJ – Lesson 1 – Quiz 1.3
- WBJ – Lesson 1 – Video 4
- WBJ – Lesson 1 – Quiz 1.4
- WBJ – Lesson 1 – Discussion Forum
- WBJ – Lesson 1 – Reading Assignment
- WBJ – Lesson 1 – Reading Quiz 1
Lesson 2 - Jesus the Christ
- WBJ – Lesson 2 – Introduction
- WBJ – Lesson 2 – Video 1
- WBJ – Lesson 2 – Quiz 2.1
- WBJ – Lesson 2 – Video 2
- WBJ – Lesson 2 – Quiz 2.2
- WBJ – Lesson 2 – Video 3
- WBJ – Lesson 2 – Quiz 2.3
- WBJ – Lesson 2 – Video 4
- WBJ – Lesson 2 – Quiz 2.4
- WBJ – Lesson 2 – Discussion Forum
- WBJ – Lesson 2 – Reading Assignment
- WBJ – Lesson 2 – Reading Quiz