COURSE DESCRIPTION (The Book of Acts – NT002)
What was Luke’s main point as he wrote this book? What is the relevance of the Book of Acts today? This course answers these questions by explaining the background, structure, and content of the book, including a study of the major themes and guidelines for applying the lessons of Acts today. This course is based on the lecture series, The Book of Acts, produced by Third Millennium Ministries, presented by Dr. Hans F. Bayer and offered by THEOn.
Dr. Hans F. Bayer
Dr. Hans F. Bayer is Professor of New Testament and Chair of the New Testament Department at Covenant Theological Seminary in St. Louis, MO. Dr. Bayer received his M.A. and M.Div. from Ashland Theological Seminary, and his Ph.D. from the University of Aberdeen in Scotland. Born and raised in Germany, he taught for ten years at the German Theological Seminary at Giessen, where he also planted and co-pastored a church. Dr. Bayer lectures and preaches regularly in the U.S. and Europe. He has published English and German monographs, essays, and dictionary articles, primarily on the Gospels and the book of Acts.
1. You will make use of all the resources of the course to learn key information about the background and content of The Book of Acts.
2. You will become enthusiastic about doing your part to help extend the kingdom of God throughout the world.
3. You make some changes in your life as a response to the teachings of The Book of Acts, especially making a greater effort to do your part in the extension of the kingdom of God.
THEMATIC OUTLINE OF THE COURSE
1. The Background of Acts
2. Structure and Content of the Book of Acts
3. Major Themes in the Book of Acts
1. Watch all the video lectures of each lesson (or listen to the audio, or read the text version). These lectures are the main content of the course.
2. Complete the study guide for each section of the videos. These study guides help you discover what is important in the videos, and they prepare you for the quiz. If you answer all the questions in the study guide, you should do well on the quiz.
3. Take the Quiz on each section of the videos. Complete all the quizzes for each lesson.
4. Read the prescribed pages for each lesson from John Dick, Lectures on the Book of Acts. Textbook PDF is provided to enrolled students. After reading the prescribed pages for each lesson, attempt the Reading Quiz for that lesson.
5. Participate in the Discussion Forum by making a initial post of 200 words in response to the question given and then respond in about 100 words to at least two other posts.
6. Write a Reflection Summary in 500 words for each lesson and submit before the end of the lesson.
Dr. Joshua Iyadurai, PhD
Dr Joshua is a Theological Educator and a Specialist in Religious Conversion and Spiritual/Religious Experience. He is an expert in Research Methodology, especially Qualitative research. He is a sought after Teacher, Writer, Editor and Researcher. He oversees many research projects and guides students with their research proposals. He enjoys expository preaching and can communicate well in both spoken and written forms. He has a Bachelor of Divinity from UBS, Pune and a PhD from University of Madras. He has done his post doctoral work from Global Research Institute, Fuller Theological Seminary, USA. For the purpose of this course, he can be contacted via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Julian Charles
Julian is involved in Pastoral Ministry and Theological training. He is passionate about training people for effective ministry in their own local contexts. He serves as an online faculty for SAIACS, Bangalore and the e-learning coordinator for THEOn. Julian has a Master of Technology (I.T) degree from RMIT University, Melbourne, a Graduate Diploma of Divinity from Melbourne School of Divinity and a Master of Divinity (Missiology) from SAIACS. For the purpose of this course, Julian can be contacted directly via email email@example.com
Curriculum is empty