The Heart of Paul's Theology
An Online Course by THEOn (starts 25 Apr 2019)
Paul passionately proclaimed the good news of the individual salvation in Jesus Christ, but this wasn't the heart of his gospel. According to Paul, salvation is not primarily about individuals being saved from the wrath of God. Rather, the gospel is about the triumph of Jesus Christ and the Kingdom of God. This course will unpack these issues as the central message of Paul in Galatians, 1 and 2 Thessalonians, and 1 and 2 Corinthians. You will gain a better understanding of the kingdom of God and rejoice in Jesus' amazing plans for his people and his world. This course is based on the lecture series, the Heart of Paul's Theology, produced by Third Millennium Ministries and presented by Dr. Reggie M Kidd.
Dr. Reggie M. Kidd
Dr. Reggie M. Kidd is a seminary professor and ordained minister. He earned his M.A.R: and M.Div. at Westminster Theological Seminary and his Ph.D. at Duke University. He currently teaches at Reformed Theological Seminary in Orlando, Florida. He has published the following books: Wealth and Beneficence in the Pastoral Epistles and How Can I Keep from Singing?
1. We hope you will be more encouraged as you understand more about the Kingdom of God and that you will become seriously interested in studying Paul's Epistles.
2. We hope that you will learn the key information regarding Paul, his theology and his epistles to the Galatians, the Thessalonians, and the Corinthians.
3. We hope that you will apply the teachings of these New Testament epistles to make changes in your own life.
Thematic Outline of the Course
1. Paul and his Theology
2. Paul and the Galatians
3. Paul and the Thessalonians
4. Paul and the Corinthians
1.Watch all the videos of the course, complete the study guides, do the additional reading, dialogue with other students in the online forums, and express your own research in the wikis, thus demonstrating your growing interest in the topics studied in this course.
2. Obtain satisfactory grades in all the quizzes, participate in the online discussion forums with at least 3 posts (1 direct post and 2 peer-posts) and submit all writing assignments.
3. Complete the questionnaires, in which you express your own responses and opinions regarding Bible passages, and contemporary videos, demonstrating how this course has affected your life.
1. The complete epistles of Galatians, 1 and 2 Thessalonians, and 1 and 2 Corinthians in your Bible
2. The Origin of Paul's Religion by J .Gresham Machen.
3. Complete the readings, fill up the study guides, and take the reading quizzes
1. 50% average on all the quizzes
2. Active Participation in the Discussion Forums: One initial post and two responses for each lesson
3. Reflective Summary for each lesson
Course Completion Certificate
THEOn will issue a completion certificate to those who have completed the above requirements and paid the course fees in full. Those who are interested in only gaining knowledge can learn on their own pace during the eight weeks.
The course will be launched on Thursday 25 April 2019. This is a eight-week course which will be delivered fully online through www.theon.in.
Study load is about five to seven hours per week.
The course fees is Rs 1000/-
Both new and existing users, pay the course fee Rs. 1000/- before 25th Apr 2019 to enrol into this course. You can pay through NEFT or online by visiting the link: Pay Course Fees
How to Enrol ?
New students will need to register at: https://theon.in for a new student account. After your registration is completed, you will receive an email asking you to activate your THEOn account. Click on the link within the email and activate your THEOn account.
You can then login into the THEOn e-learning platform and enrol for 'The Heart of Paul's Theology' course by clicking on the Pay and Enroll button.The course fees of Rs 1000 will need to be paid upfront through credit/debit card or NEFT. Once the payment is received by us, you will receive a confirmation and your enrollment will be finalized. You will have access to course material from 25th Apr 2019.
For existing THEOn users on Open eDX platform, you can login using your THEOn account and navigate to “Our Courses” and click on 'The Heart of Paul's Theology'. You can then click on the Pay and Enrol button. Once the course fee payment is received by us, you will be notified of your enrolment by email. You will have access to course material from 25th Apr 2019.
Pass on this news to your friends and others in your circle and encourage them to study 'The Heart of Paul's Theology' course from THEOn