Paul’s Prison Epistles
An Online Course by THEOn (starts 1st Nov 2018)
As Christians we face many challenges to our faith. False teachings and worldviews assault our loyalty to Christ. Suffering tempts us to think that God is not in control, or that he does not have our best interests at heart. And our relationships with other believers are often strained to the point that we doubt the value of the church. This course will help you deal with these issues as you explore the teachings of Colossians, Ephesians, Philemon, and Philippians. It is based on the lecture series, "Paul's Prison Epistles," produced by Third Millennium Ministries and presented by Dr. Reggie M. Kidd
Dr. Reggie M. Kidd
Dr. Reggie M. Kidd is a seminary professor and ordained minister. He earned his M.A.R: and M.Div. at Westminster Theological Seminary and his Ph.D. at Duke University. He currently teaches at Reformed Theological Seminary in Orlando, Florida. He has published the following books: Wealth and Beneficence in the Pastoral Epistles and How Can I Keep from Singing?
1. We hope you will become more faithful in your Christian walk, as you understand more about Paul's teachings in his prison epistles regarding topics such as how to persevere in suffering, how to deal with false teachings, how to resolve conflicts, and how to encourage one another in Christ.
2. We hope that you will make use of all the instruction elements of the course to learn the key information regarding Paul, his background, and the epistles of Colossians, Ephesians, Philemon, and Philippians.
3. We hope that you will apply the teachings of these New Testament epistles to make changes in your own life.
Thematic Outline of the Course
1. Paul’s Imprisonment
2. Paul and the Colossians
3. Paul and the Ephesians
4. Paul and Philemon
5. Paul and Philippians
1.Watch all the videos of the course, complete the study guides, do the additional reading, dialogue with other students in the online forums, and express your own research in the wikis, thus demonstrating your growing interest in the topics studied in this course.
2. Obtain satisfactory grades in all the quizzes, participate in the online discussion forums with atleast 3 posts (1 direct post and 2 peer-posts) and submit all writing assignments.
3. Complete the questionnaires, in which you express your own responses and opinions regarding Bible passages, and contemporary videos, demonstrating how this course has affected your life.
1. The complete epistles of Ephesians, Colossians, Philemon and Philippians in your Bible
2. John Calvin’s commentaries on the above epistles.
3. Complete the readings, fill up the study guides, and take the reading quizzes
1. 50% average on all the quizzes
2. Active Participation in the Discussion Forums: One initial post and two responses foreach lesson
3. Reflective Summary for each lesson
Course Completion Certificate
THEOn will issue a completion certificate to those who have completed the above requirements and paid the course fees in full. Those who are interested in only gaining knowledge can learn on their own pace during the ten weeks.
The course will be launched on Thursday 1 November 2018. This is a ten-week course.
Study load is about five hours per week.
How to Enroll ?
New students will need to register at: https://theon.in for a new student account. After your registration is completed, you will receive an email asking you to activate your THEOn account. Click on the link within the email and activate your THEOn account. You can then login into the THEOn e-learning platform and enrol for Paul’s Prison Epistles by clicking on the Pay and Enroll button. The course fees of Rs 1000 will need to be paid upfront through credit/debit card or NEFT. Once the payment is received by us, you will receive a confirmation and your enrollment will be finalized. You will have access to course material from 1st Nov 2018.
For existing THEOn users on Open eDX platform, you can login using your THEOn account and navigate to “Our Courses” and click on Paul’s Prison Epistles. You can then click on the Pay and Enrol button. Once the course fee payment is received, you will be notified of your enrollment. You will have access to course material from 1st Nov 2018.
Course Fee: Rs 1000/-
Both new and existing users, pay the course fee Rs. 1000/- before 31st Oct 2018 to enrol into this course. You can pay through NEFT or online by visiting the link: Pay Course Fees
Pass on this news to your friends and others in your circle and encourage them to study Paul’s Prison Epistles.