The Book of Acts, Online Course
What was Luke's main point as he wrote this book? What is the relevance of the Book of Acts today? This course answers these questions by explaining the background, structure, and content of the book, including a study of the major themes and guidelines for applying the lessons of Acts today. This course is based on the lecture series, The Book of Acts, produced by Third Millennium Ministries and presented by Dr. Hans F. Bayer.
Dr. Hans F. Bayer
Dr. Hans F. Bayer is Professor of New Testament and Chair of the New Testament Department at Covenant Theological Seminary in St. Louis, MO. Dr. Bayer received his M.A. and M.Div. from Ashland Theological Seminary, and his Ph.D. from the University of Aberdeen in Scotland. Born and raised in Germany, he taught for ten years at the German Theological Seminary at Giessen, where he also planted and co-pastored a church. Dr. Bayer lectures and preaches regularly in the U.S. and Europe. He has published English and German monographs, essays, and dictionary articles, primarily on the Gospels and the book of Acts.
1. You will make use of all the resources of the course to learn key information about the background and content of The Book of Acts.
2. You will become enthusiastic about doing your part to help extend the kingdom of God throughout the world.
3. You make some changes in your life as a response to the teachings of The Book of Acts, especially making a greater effort to do your part in the extension of the kingdom of God.
Thematic Outline of the Course
1. The Background of the Book of Acts
2. Structure and Content of the Book of Acts
3. Major Themes in the Book of Acts
1. Watch all the video lectures of each lesson (or listen to the audio, or read the text version). These lectures are the main content of the course.
2. Complete the study guide for each section of the videos. These study guides help you discover what is important in the videos, and they prepare you for the quiz. If you answer all the questions in the study guide, you should do well on the quiz.
3. Take the quiz on each section of the videos.
4. Complete the mini-lesson called "Additional Basic Information" for each lesson. These mini-lessons provide background information related to the course.
5. Respond to the lesson by filling out the questionnaire. The questionnaires help the student assimilate the teachings of the lesson and apply them to their lives and to new situations.
1. 50% on the quizzes
2. Participation in the Discussion Forums: One initial post and two responses for each lesson
3. Reflective Summary for each lesson
THEOn will issue a completion certificate to those who have completed the above requirements
Those who are interested in only gaining knowledge can learn on their own pace during the nine weeks.
The course will be launched on Thursday 17 August 2017.
It’s a Nine-week course.
Work load is about four hours per week.
New students register at: https://theon.in
After your registration is approved, you will receive an email with your Student ID and asking you to pay the course fee. Your account will be activated after confirmation of payment.
If you have already registered with THEOn, you do not have to register again, simply pay the course fee to activate your account.
Course Fee: Rs 1000/-
Both new and existing users, pay the course fee Rs. 1000/- before 15 August 2017 to activate/reactivate your THEOn account. You can pay through NEFT or online by visiting the link: https://theon.in/#give_nw_btn
Pass on this news to your friends and others in your circle and encourage them to study the Book of Acts.