Online Course: The Gospels
The four gospels are key books of the Bible, since they narrate the life, teachings, death, and resurrection of Jesus. Each gospel has a unique perspective and a unique purpose. This course explains the background, the structure, the main contents, and the major themes of each gospel. It is based on the lecture series, The Gospels, produced by Third Millennium Ministries and hosted by Dr. Pete Alwinson with contributions from a variety of international scholars. THEOn makes this course available for you to study together with other students.
In this course, we would like to accomplish the following:
1. We hope you will learn the key information about the background, the contents, and the major themes of each of the gospels.
2. We hope you grow in your desire to know Jesus better and follow Him more faithfully, as you study the gospels.
3. We hope that you will apply to your own life the lessons learned as you study the four gospels especially that you come to know Jesus better and follow Him more faithfully.
When you have done the following, it will show that the goals are met:
1. Obtain satisfactory grades on the automatically graded elements of the course, demonstrating that you can: a) identify key information about the background of each of the four gospels, including their author, the audience, the date of composition, and the purpose, b) identify the structure and key contents of each of the four gospels, and c) identify the major themes of each of the four gospels.
2. Complete all the questionnaires and answer all the application questions in the study guides, expressing your sentiments toward Jesus, and showing how you have applied the teachings of the course to your own life, especially how the course has helped you know Jesus better and follow Him more faithfully.
Thematic Outline of the Course Based on the Video Lectures:
1. Introduction to the Gospels
2. The Gospel of Matthew
3. The Gospel of Mark
4. The Gospel of Luke
5. The Gospel of John
1. 1. 50% on the quizzes
2. 2. Participation in the Discussion Forums: One post and two responses for each lesson
3. 3. Reflective Summary for each lesson
The course will be launched on 20 April 2017. It’s a ten-week course. The work load is about five hours per week.
New students register yourself at: http://courses.theon.in
Both new and existing users, please pay the Course Fee Rs. 1000/- before 17 April to activate/reactivate your THEOn account. You can pay through NEFT or online by visiting the link: https://theon.in/#give_nw_btn
Pass on this news to your friends and others in your circle and encourage them to study the Gospels.